Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Possession

Again, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all came to mind first. I'll be honest, I scrubbed through this film after the first...10 minutes or so, I think. This little "BASED ON A TRUE STORY" nugget...wasn't for me. Maybe other folks will LOVE it. Especially in the wake of the popular films of the day like THE CONJURING and INSIDIOUS 2. People would eat this film up with a spoon, though seeing as it got 45 out of 100 on Metacritic I'm not the only person who wasn't into it 100%.



That being said, we have another Jewish lore based haunting here along the lines of THE UNBORN. More divorced family drama, which always plays well for this divorced male. :::grin:::  Dad struggling to work things out with the wife and daughters. Insert drama here.

Cut to showing how evil this box thing is. See? Look what it can do. It's EVIL, that box!

Cut to, "Dad, can I buy this box?" at a garage sale.

Cut to bad things happening.



Cut to resolution.

Cut to BIG FINISH.

Like I said, this movie was NOT for me. I scrubbed through and started to call out what was going to happen seconds before it did. I made myself laugh out loud when I called out the films ending shot for shot. It was actually rather humorous.

BUT, if you like ghosties and the paranormal with kids in peril and a Father fighting for them and you have not seen hundreds of ghost films,  you might like this. It delivers what it said it was going to deliver. There is evil, scary things, jump scares...a great popcorn movie.

If I had more time the night I had it on, I might have just left it running in the background, looking up when scary music played so I could take in the 3D effect and scare. But, I had movies to cram into one eve and taking time for this wasn't in my plan. I'll end up tossing it on one hobby night, I'm sure.

If you liked it, let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment