Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Paranormal Activity 2



So - winner or looser?

I was one of the "I LOVE THIS MOVIE" crowd for the first movie, but I had friends who were underwhelmed by the whole thing. I loved the fact that the audience was seriously affected by the movie as a whole. People were in line chattering nervously before the film and lingered long after the film was over, talking in small groups and debriefing instead of leaving. It was almost like no one wanted to go back to their homes afterward.

Films that have this kind of power make me smile. I felt the same way about BLAIR WITCH when it came out. Say what you want about these films, but you can not fight the fact that they made an impact.

Now we have PA2 and I have to say that I get it, but wish it wasn't happening. Will I see it? Most likely. I'm a ghost nut and need to support films like this. However, I would have liked for the efforts to have been directed towards new ground rather than more of the same. We'll see how it does in the box office.


No comments:

Post a Comment